A collection of writing advice, helpful websites, and blogs to help you hone your craft.
These are some of my favorite websites for writing advice:
Helping Writers become Authors Well written articles with very specific advice. You will learn something.
Lara Willard’s Write, Edit, Repeat I love the well-organized layout of this website. Everything is categorized by topic and easy to find.
Write on Sisters Solid advice for the beginner, written in a cozy “chatting over coffee” tone.
A list of my posts on writing advice
- Motivation-Reaction Unit
- Building Consistent Characters
- Worldbuilding: Not just for Fantasy
- Excessive First Draft Word Count? Don’t
- Plot: the unbreakable chain
- How to Be a Good Critique Partner
- Prose Problems that are Ruining Your Novel
- Engaging readers from the First Sentence part 2
- Engaging Readers from the First Sentence
- Why Writing Advice is Ruining your Manuscript
- Deep POV gets you into a character’s head
- Use Conflict to Propel Your Story Forward
- Don’t let Wrong POV force your MC to Skulk Around
- Is Overused I-Construction making your MC a narcissist?
- Writing Rebelliously
- Plot Convenience
- Are Crutch Words Making your MS Stale?
- Use Scene Goals to create a deeper world
- Creating Higher Stakes
- Preparing Your Readers for the Impossible-2